Nokia humiliated Motorola 13-years ago and became the world’s biggest phone vendor.. 4-years ago, they ignored the iOS and continued intimacy with the decayed Symbian OS.. Just like BlackBerry, making a news OS to rival either iOS or Android was a bigger task than ending the war in Syria. Nokia and BlackBerry have been consumed! They are no where to be found in the top-10 smartphones. No innovation, No creativity…
This is so because they decided to stick with an old and discredited business philosophy while Samsung and the highly rated Apple took the risk that opened the new world order of smartphones.
The point is this; never let your comfort zone deceive you, mega companies have been deceived and got lost in their line of businesses. You are not special! No one is indispensable!
As an individual:
1. Continue to research and buy books. Improve your intellect. Expand your knowledge. Don’t stop learning. If you do, you start decaying.
2. Don’t stop providing solutions. Immediately you stop being a problem-solver, you become irrelevant, and nobody wants to associate with someone that’s got nothing to offer.
As a business:
1. Innovate. Invest in Research and Development. If you have a start-up that is great today, constantly improve it.
2. Think of new ideas. If you cannot think of new ideas, improve the existing ones.
3. Know what the market wants. They are your lifeline. If you cannot satisfy their ever growing needs, they will not feed you, and you will die a natural death.
Learn from Motorola.
Learn from Nokia.
Learn from Blackberry.
Employ my 70-30 approach. 70% of your income goes back to your business, 10% to God (yes God because the God-factor is most important in your life), 10% for savings and the other 10% to grow your mind with “good” books
Later on, you can begin to alter the percentage. If you have a business and you keep consuming all your revenue, sooner or later, you would become irrelevant!
Thanks to Nosa E. Nosa for inspiring this