I know i’ve been away for too long; apologies for that. I’ve been pretty occupied by too many things in the last few weeks. Lots to study, and lots of work to do I must say. But notwithstanding, I owe us all something new, don’t I?
Well, over the last few weeks, I’ve stumbled upon a lot of information . Hmm, maybe that’s why Garret Camp, co-founder of StumbleUpon called their idea StumbleUpon, because the best kinds of information are usually “stumbled upon”.
Ok, you might be wondering what and what caught my attention so much so that I was away for so long. I am African, and I love my continent. I love my country Nigeria, and I’m proud to be black. I suggest you go get a copy of Quentin Tarantino’s movie – Django Unchained – if you’re Black BUT NOT proud. I was also proud of the classic “A billion reasons to believe in Africa” video on Youtube. Reinvigorated my belief in myself, in my country and in my continent. I LOVE YOU AFRICA.
Ok, that’s just one part of the story. I love research, and I’m a big fan of Daniel M. Russel, search anthropologist with Google.com. Do you know that you could learn how to search the web? Now I’m not introducing you to a google hacks ebook, or a cheatsheet of some sort. This is Power Searching With Google, a set of classes designed to help you become a better web user. Go over to PowerSearchingWithGoogle.com and find out what I mean.
[UPDATE: Maybe I could begin something like this in my home country – teaching people how to search the web, what do you think?]
Coursera has also been engaging, and there also was the official Blackberry 10 launch at Pier 96, New York City. I hope that in future posts I would be able to write more about each of these events and discoveries. For now, I have to get back to work, and of course, solve more problems.
- Finished Power Searching with Google (MOOC), September edition (drunkentechie.wordpress.com)
- Google Will Be Starting Advanced Search Classes From Tomorrow [FREE Registration] (thetechnologycafe.com)
- Online course by google: Advanced Power Searching (arabellla.wordpress.com)
- Review | Django Unchained (theblend.ie)
- Africa’s ‘TechPreneurs’ Making a Bold Statement. (kcemenike.wordpress.com)
- Google Cloud Computing Enabling Entrepreneurship in Africa (thetechnologycafe.com)
- Win a TELUS BlackBerry Z10! (Contest) (mobilesyrup.com)
- BlackBerry 10 – Re-designed, Re-engineered, Re-invented (blogs.blackberry.com)
- Coursera Could Change the World (whoisylvia.typepad.com)